Podcasts…

It would seem that we’re one of very few bike shops actually producing podcasts, with that in mind and coupled with the fact that I’m getting bored of the ‘ridecast’ variey, what else would you like to hear – more life in the shop? Interviews with suppliers or customers, or just general chat about nothing much?

Let us know in the comments section below.

Ta.

7 Responses to “Podcasts…”

1. salsaboy says:

Clips of people being subjected to Judiths sales technique, ‘that’ll be £79.99 thanks, oh, I forgot to add the inner tube you came in for to that’.

Or failing that, I’d like to hear you opening a package from Canada with a pair of forks in 😉

You and me both 🙁

3. Glenn says:

Mmmm…. interviews definately, although they need all kinds of preparation to think of questions and stuff so could be a hassle.
    Another idea in an attempt by me to create the next big thing would be a regular-but-fairly-large-interval-between-because-of-the-work-involved ‘podzine’ (tm – or has that already been trademarked?) You could string together an interview, a section from a ride, a couple of tunes … even maybe a talk-you-through-a-bit-of-maintenance like bleeding brakes, servicing a shock or something equally problematic. Once every month or two I reckon would get a regular audience especially if the content subjects were regular like a magazine. Podzine .. it’ll catch on, trust me.

I like the idea, but I’m not keen on the liability issues raise by me telling people how to do things, so maintenance features are likely to be pretty simple stuff that you already know 🙂

5. Glenn says:

Liability – you’re probably right but it’s a sad reflection of the way things are. What about product reviews or a spoken route guide .. “up the hill to the first gate, left down the rutty track” etc. You’d have to have enough short features to kind of emulate a magazine’s content so it would be a lot of work but like magazines it’s the kind of thing people ‘subscribe to’ on a regular expectation. Like I say though, a lot of work.
    ‘Podzines’ – it’s a million seller trust me. Where’s the number for the patents office ……

6. matt says:

I liked the bike building podcast.
    you can’t beat the sound of some mighty tools being waggled.

7. Dave says:

I second Andy’s comment about Judith’s selling techniques. Have you any idea how much that would be worth in todays crazy buying mad world.

Being a non techno person though, I have no idea what a podcast is, therefore I’m probably not the best person to comment.