I’m bionic…

Well, not really, but I do have a knee brace, after deciding against surgery to replace my snapped ACL. It’s quite comfortable too. I’m supposed to go and see what I can actually do now, without my leg giving way. Running, snowboarding, and martial arts are all on the cards – yippee. Hope the damn thing works, I need to shift about 45lbs of excess weight (after Christmas).

Look out for a svelte new me sometime in the new year.

13 Responses to “I’m bionic…”

1. Glenn says:

If it’s anything like our festive eating habits by after Christmas it may well be 60lbs to shift. I was the knee brace king for ages after a running injury many moons ago, they all start off comfortable but wait until you get a well of sweat and chaffing behind it. Being as light as you can certainly helps but custom made – from Snow and rock, it’s the only way ….

…7.30 on Thurs or festively different?

I’ll take it for a run sometime and report back. It’s about £300 worth, so I’m hoping it should be ace.

3. Pete L says:

You dont get much bike stuff for £300 infact that aint much more than the new tempting Mav post, hmm one of those on each leg could assist in fast leg movement!!!

4. Zola says:

It’ll be hot and sweaty – just how you like it…

Enjoy.

‘king Volvo drivers…..

5. salsaboy says:

we can be in a skinny single speed team at Mayhem then tim 🙂

6. what happened? says:

to yer knee? sory to hear…is it complete rupture or tear? collaterals damaged?

eep!

7. dRj0n says:

said what happened? sorry sorry, technology is so beguiling and so worrisome

8. dRj0n says:

is it partial/total rupture? collaterals?

Total snappage of the ACL – about ten years ago now – nothing too worrisome.

10. karen gouldbourn says:

Hi there

I suffered a total rupture of my right acl Feb 2004- ski-ing long story! taken on a red run on my 2nd day!. I am almost back to normal – I play netball mixed and also at a high level. I am going ski-ing in Feb this year and am having private lessons first at the snowdome. I have a brace that I was given after my op but not sure whether it will be ok for sport – ski-ing in particular. How do you rate the brace from snow and rock? I was thinking of going down that route? How long did it take and does it slip down? Mine slips down just walking in snow. Cheers

Hey Karen, Glenn had the Snow and Rock brace and reckoned it was excellent. I’ve not really tried mine in anger yet, but I’ll post up the results when I do.

12. savory crepes

Relevant search results and links for savory crepes

13. electric mouse trap